Monday, July 07, 2008

Wii Fat

It's been more than three weeks with my Wii Fit and it's been quite depressing. My first week, as each day passed I gained more weight. "That couldn't be true", I told myself. I decided to increase extra physical activity outside in the summer sun. Maybe I would sweat out some of the extra weight. I tried to adjust my diet a little, add more fibrous items, whole wheat pastas and bread. Nope, nothing. The next week although I saw some weight loss, I definitely gained some weight back. My fit age hasn't helped either, I've fluctuated from 20 to 32 (I'm 21).

The Wii Fit has now become a really expensive weighing scale. My trainer tells me I'm doing fine and the balance board tells me that I'm reaching my goal with good speed. So why is it that I still need to lose twenty pounds?


Am I doing jackknives incorrectly? Possibly. I can't hold my form doing planks. Many of the strength based tasks are too hard even on a beginner's level. I've definitely shown some personal improvement though. I've apparently gotten better balance. The yoga has proved to be an eye opener since I didn't think I could contort my body to funny shapes. Granted, I still can't do the "Dance" pose without tipping over, but I'm getting closer.

I personally will continue exercising, especially after watching Wall-E. The Wii fit has taught me a few things and it has scolded me for eating late at night. I'm doing my best to make changes.


The Fit is a trust game. You are your own worst enemy; if you're dedicated this game can help you, if you're not it truly is a waste for you. I'm gonna continue pushing myself with the Fit. Hopefully the weight will go down.

No comments: