Thursday, July 03, 2008

A neck ahead

When I was a young kid, around 8 or 9, my sister used to tease me. I guess it’s understandable the whole idea of an older sibling poking at a younger one. I suffered from fat kid syndrome (I mean I still do, but I digress) and my sister was able to capitalize on that. She would always poke at the fact that I had no neck. I mean, I have a neck, why should she doubt the existence of it? It definitely got to me. I had a neck, I knew it, but was I too fat to have other people see my neck? Will I grow old with several chins (and not just Chinese friends) and lose this neck that I may not even have had? I got paranoid.

It’s funny. Thinking about it all I did was get scared, pray to God that I would have a neck. I mean I would pray for a lot of different things, and by pray I guess I mean I would have a personal one-way chat with God where my paranoia would answer in lieu of God. I didn’t exercise more, I didn’t eat better; I did adjust my posture a little and kinda adjusted the way I pose in pictures. That has come in handy because I can’t take a horrible drunk photo because of it. I also look up moreso now than when I was younger.

I think I have more to look up to now. The sky’s really the limit for me, new BA in hand. I still can’t find the perfect job, let alone a job. I have been trying to lose some weight and I’m not losing, even with a slight adjustment to meals and increased exercise. I’ve also been getting crazy dreams every night. I think it’s because of the cold air conditioning. My head goes crazy. I wake up with my neck hurting from sleeping in an awkward position. I then thank God I still have a neck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Odd, I don't remember making fun of you because you didn't have a neck. Rich, who is a younger sibling, tells me that I am as cruel as ever. I'm just cruel to him now... I'm sorry for any paranoia caused.

By the way, you're not alone in crazy dreaming, I too have crazy dreams and I believe it is because the world conciousness knows that terrible things are in the future but we can't seem to do anything about it.

hmm, and I thought I was an optimist...

Save your neck!