Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Confessions of a Video Gamer:

- For 90% of fighting games I've started off with a female character. The only two exceptions that I can think of are Kage in Virtua Fighter (which I then shifted over to slightly effeminate Lion in 2) and Liu Kang (who was Asian like me!) in Mortal Kombat 1. Then afterwards, I consider playing the effeminate man (like Raphael and Maxi in Soul Calibur, or Benimaru from King of Fighters

- I play the Sims mostly to build houses. And furnish them.

- Whenever I make Sim Paz and Sim Eric, I make me all skinny and cute and I give Eric the "fat" option. He's questioned this before and I told him that it was proportion to real life. I'm smaller than him.

- It's more fun to make roller coasters in roller coaster tycoon that you know will either explode or are too intense.

- I own at least one Pokemon game from each generation: Red, Silver (Possibly Gold), Ruby & Sapphire, Fire Red, and Diamond. I’ve never caught them all.




- I initially pick the Pokemon on how cute it is: I've never picked ChimCar, Totodile, or Turtwig because they are "uglier".

- I used to play only as Peach in Mario Kart, until they made her a medium weight. I switched over to the turtles and baby Luigi.

- I've needed the help from a strategy guide to beat most Final Fantasy games. The ones I did finish with one were 7, 8, Tactics, 9, 10, 10-2, and 12. I never finished 1, 3, and 5 because I got stuck and didn't have a strategy guide. The only two exceptions are Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Final Fantasy 12: Revanant Wings.

- As a kid, I cried at Funcoland because they didn't have Final Fantasy 3 (that's 6 for you dorks who get it) in stock. I was actually entranced by the idea of Moogles.

- I sat on the toilet trying to solve a Professor Layton puzzle for 30 minutes.

- Although I still get a little dizzy playing first person shooters, the worse headaches come from Doom and Quake.

- My best killing spree in Halo 3 was about 6 kills and that was while I was on the phone talking to Eric. Everyone was a little shocked including myself.

- I tend to win Mario Party because I shop too much and win that star in the end.

No comments: